I’m a knowledgeable and experienced hands-on Digital Analytics Developer with a proven track record.
Since 1997, I’ve gained valuable and insightful web development and digital marketing experience. From 1999 to 2007 I worked as a lead developer for NationsBank, CarMax and Snagajob.com.
In 2007, I transitioned from IT into Digital Marketing focusing on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for SnagAJob.com. Over a 4 year period I grew organic traffic on SnagAJob.com from 120k to over 2 million visits per month.
- Digital Analytics / Tag Management – Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager & Google Data Studio.
- A/B/n and Multivariate Testing – Implement and measure A/B/n, multivariate and redirect tests.
- Technical SEO – Crawl-ability, Index-ability, Structured data, AMP, Featured Snippets, Site Migrations, etc.
- WordPress Development – Customize & develop WordPress plugins & themes.
Product Owner, Digital Analytics Implementation
Serving as the Product Owner of Digital Analytics Implementation, I am accountable for developing & implementing the digital tagging and analytics measurement plans for Allianz Partners’ portfolio of digital products, including websites, blogs, mobile apps, and reporting applications.
Core Strengths & Responsibilities include:
- Digital Analytics — Using Google Analytics I produce website performance reports and dashboards (Google Data Studio) to monitor the effectiveness of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Tag Management — Using Google Tag Manager I perform and manage the implementation and governance of all tagging activity. Effectively removing the burden from IT and decreasing turnaround time of tagging requests from 2-4 months to 2-4 days.
- A/B/n and Multivariate Testing — Using the Oracle Maxymiser testing tool I design, implement and measure A/B/n tests to improve UX, UI, and KPIs.
- SEO — Utilized SEO best practices including keyword/topic research, targeted content creation, onsite optimization, link building, keyword rankings, organic traffic, and conversion rates.
- WordPress Development — Using WordPress and the Genesis Framework, I’ve developed several B2B & B2C facing websites including allianztuitioninsurance.com and scholartrips.org.
SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant
I was the thought-leader, SEO professional, and software developer for RVA Media. I’m passionate about helping small and large companies succeed online and offer numerous services to help them achieve their marketing goals.
- Developed and implemented SEO strategies to improve search engine rankings for multiple websites/clients.
- Performed keyword research for both SEO and PPC in order to assist in the development of a comprehensive content strategy.
- Developed web analytics reporting using Google Analytics. Created goals, funnels and constructed segmented reports to organizations to accurately gauge web projects, campaigns and processes.
- Worked with developers and other cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
Increased brand awareness and consumer traffic to the hourly job board Snagajob.com through online marketing efforts including SEO, SEM/PPC, social outreach and link building.
- Head of all SEO operations for Snagajob.com.
- Over a four year period grew monthly SEO traffic from 120k to over 2 Million.
- Lead the SEO development of Snagajob’s multiple web properties, from infancy into maturity.
- Drove the strategy and planning campaigns for SEO/SEM, Social Media, content, website
development, conversion optimization and all forms on online outreach.
- Developed and managed all SEO processes as it relates to link building and SEO strategy to maintain a
competitive advantage by implementing best practices.
- Managed the SEO support team that consisted of an SEO Analyst and two Senior Marketing Analysts.
In February of 2006, I applied my knowledge of .NET programming to the largest hourly job board, SnagAJob.com. In doing so, I developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server. By the end of 2006, I had realized the need to apply some major SEO techniques to the site. I made a sales pitch to senior management and they allowed me to begin my journey along the path of SEO/Search Engine Marketing.
Developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server.
In August of 1999 I began my 5 year relationship with CarMax working on CarMax.com. I developed a proprietary vehicle search engine using ASP, ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, Com Objects, Microsoft Transaction Server & SQL Server with which consumers can view information on price, make, model, mileage, and features for CarMax’s entire new and used car inventory.