I’m a knowledgeable and experienced hands-on Technical Marketer with a proven track record.
As a Technical Marketer that comes from an IT background, I have a unique perspective on how to execute effective online tactics by integrating into existing systems, people and processes.
I’m currently employed by Allianz Worldwide Partners. My primary responsibilities include Technical SEO, Web Analytics, Tag Management, Multivariate (A/B) testing and WordPress Development.
Since 1997, I’ve gained valuable and insightful digital experience. From 1999 to 2007 I worked as a lead developer for NationsBank, CarMax and Snagajob.com.
In 2007, I transitioned from IT into Digital Marketing focusing on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for SnagAJob.com. Over a 4 year period I grew organic traffic on SnagAJob.com from 120k to over 2 million visits per month.
- Technical SEO – Crawl-ability, Index-ability, Structured data, AMP, Featured Snippets, Site Migrations, etc.
- Web Analytics / Tag Management – Using Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager.
- Multivariate (A/B) Testing – Implement and measure A/B tests.
- WordPress Developer – Customize & develop WordPress plugins & themes.
Manager – Website Optimization & Analytics
Serving as the Website Optimization & Analytics Manager for Allianz Global Assistance I am the hands-on technical owner/ administrator of allianztravelinsurance.com, allianztuitioninsurance.com and other B2C/B2B customer facing websites.
Core Strengths & Responsibilities include:
- SEO — Utilized SEO best practices including keyword/topic research, targeted content creation, onsite optimization, link building, keyword rankings, organic traffic, and conversion rates.
- Web Analytics — Using Google Analytics Web Analytics I produced website performance reports and dashboards (Google Data Studio) to monitor the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns.
- Tag Management — Using Google Tag Manager I perform and manage the implementation and governance of all tagging activity. Effectively removing the burden from IT and decreasing turnaround time of tagging requests from 2-4 months to 2-4 days.
- Multivariate (A/B) Testing — Using the Oracle Maxymiser testing tool I implement and measure A/B tests to improve UX, UI, and KPIs.
- WordPress Development — Using WordPress and the Genesis Framework, I’ve developed several B2B & B2C facing websites including allianztuitioninsurance.com and scholartrips.org.
SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant
I was the thought-leader, SEO professional, and software developer for RVA Media. I’m passionate about helping small and large companies succeed online and offer numerous services to help them achieve their marketing goals.
- Developed and implemented SEO strategies to improve search engine rankings for multiple websites/clients.
- Performed keyword research for both SEO and PPC in order to assist in the development of a comprehensive content strategy.
- Developed web analytics reporting using Google Analytics. Createed goals, funnels and constructed segmented reports to organizations to accurately gauge web projects, campaigns and processes.
- Worked with developers and other cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
Increased brand awareness and consumer traffic to the hourly job board Snagajob.com through online marketing efforts including SEO, SEM/PPC, social outreach and link building.
- Head of all SEO operations for Snagajob.com.
- Over a four year period grew monthly SEO traffic from 120k to over 2 Million.
- Lead the SEO development of Snagajob’s multiple web properties, from infancy into maturity.
- Drove the strategy and planning campaigns for SEO/SEM, Social Media, content, website
development, conversion optimization and all forms on online outreach.
- Developed and managed all SEO processes as it relates to link building and SEO strategy to maintain a
competitive advantage by implementing best practices.
- Managed the SEO support team that consisted of an SEO Analyst and two Senior Marketing Analysts.
In February of 2006, I applied my knowledge of .NET programming to the largest hourly job board, SnagAJob.com. In doing so, I developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server. By the end of 2006, I had realized the need to apply some major SEO techniques to the site. I made a sales pitch to senior management and they allowed me to begin my journey along the path of SEO/Search Engine Marketing.
Developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server.
In August of 1999 I began my 5 year relationship with CarMax working on CarMax.com. I developed a proprietary vehicle search engine using ASP, ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, Com Objects, Microsoft Transaction Server & SQL Server with which consumers can view information on price, make, model, mileage, and features for CarMax’s entire new and used car inventory.