I’m a knowledgeable and experienced hands-on Website Optimization & Analytics Professional with a proven track record. As a digital marketer that comes from an IT background, I have a unique perspective on how to execute effective online tactics by integrating into existing systems, people and processes.
I’m currently employed by Allianz Global Assistance working as their Website Optimization & Analytics Manager for the B2C Channel. My primary responsibilities include SEO, Digital Analytics, WordPress Development and A/B/n Testing.
Throughout the past 18+ years, I’ve gained valuable and insightful internet experience. From 1999 to 2007 I worked as a lead developer for NationsBank, CarMax and Snagajob. In 2007, I transitioned to Search Engine Marketing (SEM) focusing on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for SnagAJob.com. Over a 4 year period I grew organic traffic from 120k to over 2 million visits per month.
- SEO / SEM Strategies
- Digital Analytics – Google Analytics & GTM
- A/B/n Testing
- WordPress / Genesis Framework
- Php, CSS 3, HTML 5, Schema
- CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization
Website Optimization Manager
Serving as the Website Optimization Manager for Allianz Global Assistance I’m responsible for the B2C website www.allianztravelinsurance.com as it relates to SEO, PPC, Web Analytics and Conversion Rate Optimization.
Core Strengths & Responsibilities include:
- SEO — Utilized SEO best practices including keyword research, targeted content creation, onsite optimization, link building, keyword rankings, organic traffic, and conversion rates.
- Digital Analytics — Using Google Analytics Web Analytics I produced website performance reports and dashboards to monitor the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns.
- A/B/n Testing — Using the Maxymiser testing tool I develop end-to-end campaigns for A/B/n testing on our consumer facing B2C website to optimize for sales.
- WordPress Development — Using WordPress and the Genesis Framework, I developed both allianztuitioninsurance.com and scholartrips.org.
SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant
I was the thought-leader, SEO professional, and software developer for RVA Media. I’m passionate about helping small and large companies succeed online and offer numerous services to help them achieve their marketing goals.
- Develop and implement SEO strategies to improve search engine rankings for multiple websites/clients.
- Perform keyword research for both SEO and PPC in order to assist in the development of a comprehensive content strategy.
- Develop web analytics reporting using Google Analytics. Create goals, funnels and construct segmented reports to organizations to accurately gauge web projects, campaigns and processes.
- Work with developers and other cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
- Customer acquisition and retention through Social Media.
- Cross-channel campaign development.
Increased brand awareness and consumer traffic to the hourly job board Snagajob.com through online marketing efforts including SEO, SEM/PPC, social outreach and link building.
- Head of all SEO operations for Snagajob.com.
- Over a four year period grew monthly SEO traffic from 120k to over 2 Million.
- Lead the SEO development of Snagajob’s multiple web properties, from infancy into maturity.
- Drove the strategy and planning campaigns for SEO/SEM, Social Media, content, website
development, conversion optimization and all forms on online outreach.
- Developed and managed all SEO processes as it relates to link building and SEO strategy to maintain a
competitive advantage by implementing best practices.
- Managed the SEO support team that consisted of an SEO Analyst and two Senior Marketing Analysts.
In February of 2006, I applied my knowledge of .NET programming to the largest hourly job board, SnagAJob.com. In doing so, I developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server. By the end of 2006, I had realized the need to apply some major SEO techniques to the site. I made a sales pitch to senior management and they allowed me to begin my journey along the path of SEO/Search Engine Marketing.
Developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server.
In August of 1999 I began my 5 year relationship with CarMax working on CarMax.com. I developed a proprietary vehicle search engine using ASP, ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, Com Objects, Microsoft Transaction Server & SQL Server with which consumers can view information on price, make, model, mileage, and features for CarMax’s entire new and used car inventory.