Rick R. Duncan is a knowledgeable and experienced hands-on Website Optimization & Analytics Professional with a proven track record.
Throughout the past 22 years, Rick has honed his skills in building, analyzing and optimizing profitable websites while working with big, well known brands that include Allianz Partners, Elephant Auto Insurance, Compare.com, Snagajob, CarMax and NationsBank.
- Technical SEO – Crawlability, Indexability, Structured Data, AMP, Featured Snippets, Site Migrations, etc.
- Web Analytics / Tag Management – Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager & Google Data Studio.
- Conversion Rate Optimization – Implement and measure A/B/n, multivariate and redirect tests.
- WordPress Development – Customize & develop WordPress plugins & themes.
- Google 360 – Analytics 360, Tag Manager 360, Optimize 360.
- A/B Testing Tools – Oracle Maxymiser, Google Optimize.
- SEO Tools – Google Search Console, Google Trends, SEMrush, Moz, AnswerThePublic.
- Coding Tools – PHP, MySQL, HTML 5, jQuery, CSS, JSON and APIs.
Senior Product Owner, Web Analytics
Serving as the Senior Product Owner, Web Analytics, I am accountable for developing & implementing the digital tagging and analytics measurement plans for Allianz Partners’ portfolio of digital products, including websites, blogs, mobile apps, and reporting applications.
Core Strengths & Responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, document, maintain and own the successful digital tagging and analytics measurement strategy for Allianz Partners’ portfolio of digital products, including websites, blogs, mobile apps, SMS and reporting applications.
- Support all analytical platform implementations (Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 360 Suite, Adobe Analytics, etc).
- Manage the web analytics tag implementation, testing & reporting during the development of online media, marketing landing pages, websites, conversion funnels and other initiatives.
- Implement and update 3rd party tags associated with analytics platforms, testing, usability, SEO, SEM, etc. for collecting and reporting on web activity.
- Test, audit and verify tags are implemented properly.
- Support A/B testing via testing platforms such as Oracle Maxymiser, Google Optimize or other similar tools.
- Creation of user segments, setting up goals and ecommerce tracking plus analyze marketing campaigns & provide insight in the customer journey (attribution) for ecommerce sales.
- Work closely with various cross-functional stakeholders such as ecommerce, performance marketing, content, technology, product and advertising to capture the data needed to drive business decisions.
- Oversee the analytics code base, data layer, and tag management solutions for accurate and efficient data capture.
- Build KPI dashboards leveraging Google Analytics, Google Data Studio as well as other reporting tools.
- Work independently to manage projects and timelines to ensure on-time delivery and bug-free deployments.
Digital Marketing Manager, SEO
Serving as the Digital Marketing Manager of SEO, I was responsible for developing, implementing and managing the SEO strategy for AllianzTravelInsurance.com. This position required my skills in technical SEO, website coding, site management, reporting, and analyzing insights. I worked closely with multiple internal teams including Marketing, UX, and IT.
Core Strengths & Responsibilities include:
- Craft and manage an SEO strategy to drive sustainable organic growth for AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
- Diagnose technical SEO issues and resolve including, but not limited to, canonicalization, pagination, 404 errors, 301/302 redirects, broken links, duplicate content, robot.txt file, URL structures, etc.
- Partner with business partners during their content creation to ensure SEO best practices are implemented.
- Create and implement an Off-site SEO strategy to develop a diversified inbound link profile.
- Establish naming conventions and taxonomies for URL structure, content silos, sub-directories, file names, graphical images, multi-media or video naming and titles. Assist in domain discovery process.
- Perform ongoing SERP analysis and optimize on-page elements and site architecture for critical search terms.
- Manage SEO performance based on site impressions, clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Conduct routine content audits and implement best practices of organic optimization to help build ranking, online presence and traffic.
- Use Google Analytics and other third-party tools (e.g. Moz, SEMRush, BuzzSumo, etc.) to help monitor, track, and gather metrics of key performance indicators (KPIs) to complement overall marketing and business objectives.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Stay up to date with new developments in SEO. Provide recommendations and deploy new strategies based on the latest trends in algorithms.
SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant
I was the thought-leader, SEO professional, and software developer for RVA Media. I’m passionate about helping small and large companies succeed online and offer numerous services to help them achieve their marketing goals.
- Developed and implemented SEO strategies to improve search engine rankings for multiple websites/clients.
- Performed keyword research for both SEO and PPC in order to assist in the development of a comprehensive content strategy.
- Developed web analytics reporting using Google Analytics. Created goals, funnels and constructed segmented reports to organizations to accurately gauge web projects, campaigns and processes.
- Worked with developers and other cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
Increased brand awareness and consumer traffic to the hourly job board Snagajob.com through online marketing efforts including SEO, SEM/PPC, social outreach and link building.
- Head of all SEO operations for Snagajob.com.
- Over a four year period grew monthly SEO traffic from 120k to over 2 Million.
- Lead the SEO development of Snagajob’s multiple web properties, from infancy into maturity.
- Drove the strategy and planning campaigns for SEO/SEM, Social Media, content, website
development, conversion optimization and all forms on online outreach.
- Developed and managed all SEO processes as it relates to link building and SEO strategy to maintain a
competitive advantage by implementing best practices.
- Managed the SEO support team that consisted of an SEO Analyst and two Senior Marketing Analysts.
In February of 2006, I applied my knowledge of .NET programming to the largest hourly job board, SnagAJob.com. In doing so, I developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server. By the end of 2006, I had realized the need to apply some major SEO techniques to the site. I made a sales pitch to senior management and they allowed me to begin my journey along the path of SEO/Search Engine Marketing.
Developed and designed enterprise level distributed web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server.
In August of 1999 I began my 5 year relationship with CarMax working on CarMax.com. I developed a proprietary vehicle search engine using ASP, ASP.NET, VB, VB.NET, Com Objects, Microsoft Transaction Server & SQL Server with which consumers can view information on price, make, model, mileage, and features for CarMax’s entire new and used car inventory.